the Dukes of Saxony, who administered the district through a government endowment (. However it remained until 1815 the seat of its own administrative authority (Consistory of the district of Naumburg-Zeitz). Deutsches Notgeld, Bände 5 6 Deutsche Kleingeldscheine: Amtliche Verkehrsausgaben. The south-western spire was completed only in 1884; both western spires are closely modelled on the spires of the cathedrals of Laon and Bamberg.
Stadtseite, naumburg saale )
The latter granted their request and gave the children cherries. After the Congress of Vienna in 1815, Naumburg was ceded to the Kingdom of Prussia, becoming part of the Province of Saxony. In 1846 the city was connected to the rail line from Halle to Erfurt, in 1889 to Artern and eventually in 1900 to Teuchern. Other attractions include: The late Gothic city hall (Rathaus). The house, known as the Nietzsche-Haus, is now a museum. The former bishop's castle Schönburg, which overlooks the city and the Saale River. Naumburg has been known as a city since 1144. Wenceslas Church, which displays paintings by Lucas Cranach the Elder and the Hildebrandt organ that Johann Sebastian Bach played. Local industries include the manufacture of foodstuffs, textiles, machinery and toys.